We have the answer for Whom a state was named for crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Whom a state was named for Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Whom a state was named for. This clue last appeared December 11, 2022 in the Newsday Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Whom a state was named for crossword clue should be:
- DUKEOFYORK (10 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- WHOM (pronoun)
- The objective case of who.
- STATE (verb)
- indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
- put before
- STATE (noun)
- the territory occupied by a nation
- a politically organized body of people under a single government
Today's Newsday Crossword Answers
- Witnessed NYT Crossword Clue
- Amalgamate Crossword Clue
- Loud, as a crowd Crossword Clue
- What’s often sent with an RSVP Crossword Clue
- South Pacific microstate Crossword Clue
- E-file expert Crossword Clue
- #2 baby girl name for 2021 Crossword Clue
- Shine brightly Crossword Clue
- Not snowed by Crossword Clue
- Sunny lobbies Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.