We have the answer for Carve in stone crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crossword puzzles can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. One strategy is to check the intersecting words, or "crosses." By looking at the letters in the intersecting words, you may find a letter you might not have thought of that can help you solve the clue. Another strategy is to consider alternate meanings of the clue. Sometimes words have more than one meaning, and considering these alternate meanings can lead you to a different answer.
Wordplay is also a common technique used in crossword puzzles to make the clues more interesting and challenging. Many crossword clues are designed to be tricky or misleading, and looking for puns, homophones, anagrams, and other word games that might be hiding in the clue can help you solve it. Looking for patterns in the clue and the puzzle as a whole, such as whether the answer is a noun, verb, or adjective, or ends in "-ing" or "-tion," can also help you narrow down your options. And if you're really stuck, taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes can sometimes help you solve the clue. With practice and persistence, you'll get better at solving crossword puzzles, even the most challenging ones.
Carve in stone Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the Crosswords with Friends on April 2, 2023. You can also find answers to past Crosswords with Friends.
Today's Crosswords with Friends Answers
- ___ and aah (react with wonder) Crossword Clue
- Trumpet for one Crossword Clue
- The ___ (South Carolina military school) Crossword Clue
- Boardroom VIP: Abbr Crossword Clue
- I ___ ’em like I see ’em Crossword Clue
- Corn eater’s throwaway Crossword Clue
- Homophone of lie Crossword Clue
- Semi-autobiographical comedy film starring and cowritten by Kumail Nanjiani: 3 wds. Crossword Clue
- Former 20/20 anchor Robach Crossword Clue
- ___-Man (video game character who runs around mazes) Crossword Clue
You can play the Crosswords with Friends by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- CARVE (verb)
- engrave or cut by chipping away at a surface
- cut to pieces
- STONE (noun)
- United States architect (1902-1978)
- United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as chief justice (1872-1946)
- STONE (verb)
- kill by throwing stones at
- remove the pits from
- STONE (adjective)
- of any of various dull tannish or grey colors
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.