We have the answer for Put to sleep crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Put to sleep Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Put to sleep. This clue last appeared January 23, 2023 in the WSJ Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Put to sleep crossword clue should be:
- BORE (4 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- SLEEP (noun)
- a period of time spent sleeping
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb)
- SLEEP (verb)
- be asleep
- be able to accommodate for sleeping
- BORE (verb)
- make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool
- cause to be bored
- BORE (noun)
- a high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary)
- a hole or passage made by a drill; usually made for exploratory purposes
Today's WSJ Crossword Answers
- Female friend, in France Crossword Clue
- It can be typed Crossword Clue
- Skewered meal Crossword Clue
- Genesis spot Crossword Clue
- Rope ring Crossword Clue
- Times spent with a portrait painter Crossword Clue
- “On what authority?” Crossword Clue
- 4×4, briefly Crossword Clue
- Major musical composition Crossword Clue
- Gold, in Guatemala Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.