We have the answer for Stops working crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Stops working Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Stops working. This clue last appeared January 18, 2023 in the LA Times Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Stops working crossword clue should be:
- FAILS (5 letters)
- RETIRES (7 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- WORKING (adjective)
- actively engaged in paid work
- (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing
- WORKING (noun)
- a mine or quarry that is being or has been worked
- STOPS (noun)
- a gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck); a player plays the lowest card of a suit in his hand and successively higher cards are played until the sequence stops; the player who plays a card matching one in the layout wins all the chips on that card
Today's LA Times Crossword Answers
- Forehead Crossword Clue
- Without Crossword Clue
- “Casablanca” role Crossword Clue
- In any way Crossword Clue
- Challenge Crossword Clue
- Couches Crossword Clue
- Just so-so Crossword Clue
- Salary Crossword Clue
- Frozen over Crossword Clue
- Falsehood Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.