We have the answer for The First Lady of Civil Rights crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you'll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word "sole" could be "Fish without a partner?" where the answer would be "sole" as in the fish or "sole" as in "only." Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word "flower" could be "What a welder does?" where the answer would be "flour."
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word "listen" could be "Silent," which is an anagram of "listen." Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word "bark" could be "Tree covering?" where the answer could be "bark" as in the outer layer of a tree, or "bark" as in the sound a dog makes.
The First Lady of Civil Rights Crossword Clue Answer is…
This clue last appeared in the NYT Crossword on March 23, 2023. You can also find answers to past NYT Crosswords.
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Like some black tea NYT Crossword Clue
- Name in “one liners” NYT Crossword Clue
- Word with split or loose NYT Crossword Clue
- Many a jazz ensemble NYT Crossword Clue
- Path to enlightenment NYT Crossword Clue
- Officer in charge of a military unit NYT Crossword Clue
- Mass method for seeking input NYT Crossword Clue
- “Can’t you ___?” NYT Crossword Clue
- Most Yemenis NYT Crossword Clue
- Absolutely divine Crossword Clue
You can play the NYT Crossword online or by downloading its mobile app (Google Play/Apple App Store).
Clue & Answer Definitions
- CIVIL (adjective)
- not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others
- of or relating to or befitting citizens as individuals
- PARKS (noun)
- United States civil rights leader who refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white man in Montgomery (Alabama) and so triggered the national Civil Rights movement (born in 1913)
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.