New World is the newly released MMO by Amazon Games Studios that will take you into the exploration of a fictional land that is based off of the Americas. You will be looking to harvest resources, make items, get control of settlements, complete quests, explore, PVP, or fight off monsters. As you head into this dangerous world, you will want to know how to get yourself some Barley for cooking! We’ll show you how in this guide.
To get Barley in New World, you will need to head to farm areas on the map. These locations can be found in different regions of the game and include Ebonscale Reach, Monarch’s Bluffs, and Windsward. Barley is a Tier 3 ingredient, so they are generally a bit more difficult to find.
Barley can also be obtained from a Food Supply Carts. These are located in both Windsward and Reekwater! The one problem with these carts is that you can only gather from them if your Faction has control of the region. If you open your map, you will see a color that represent the faction that is currently in control. If it is not the faction that you have chosen, then you won’t be able to get anything from the cart.
Barley Location Maps
The best way to get yourself some Barley is just by gathering. Credit to New World Map for the images featured below.
Windwards has one locations that’s just northwest of the town there. It’s pretty easy to get to and the monsters there are around level 10, which should make farming pretty easy. You can also collect quite a few different produce in the area.
In Monarch’s Bluffs there’s two separate locations where you can find Barley. They are both pretty far from the settlement, but you can fast travel via the Spirit Shrine in Windsward to get close to them.
Ebonscale Reach has two spawn areas which are to the south of the region. There’s a Spirit Shrine in the mountains to the west that will get you near the locations pretty quickly. However, the run from the settlement isn’t too bad.
Barley is used in the following recipes:
- Smoked Rib Cap with Cabbage and Barley Soup – Increase Constitution by 24 and Focus by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Blackened Ray-Finned Barb with Fondant Potatoes and Barley – Increase Constitution by 24 and Dexterity by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Filet with Mint and Cracked Barley – Increase Dexterity by 18 and Constitution by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Roasted Gnufish – Increase Strength by 40 for 40 minutes.
- Spicy Cabbage Soup – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 15. Increases maximum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 15. Effects last for 40 minutes.
- Strong Honey Brew – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 12. Increases maximum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 12. Effects last for 35 minutes.
- Honey Brew – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 10. Increases maximum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 10. Effects last for 30 minutes.
- Nutty Brew – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 8 for 25 minutes.
- Barley Soup – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Armoring items by 5 for 20 minutes.
That’s everything we know about getting Barley in New World. You will find details on a lot more things about the game in the New World section of our website!