New World is the newly released MMO by Amazon Games Studios that will take you into the exploration of a fictional land that was is based off of the Americas. You will be looking to harvest resources, craft items, get control of settlements, complete quests, explore, PVP, or fight off monsters. As you head into this dangerous world, you will need to know how to get yourself some Garlic for cooking. We’ll show you how in this guide.
To find Garlic in New World, you will need to harvest Herb bushes that spawn all over the countryside. However, only in specific regions will you be able to trackdown Garlic. These regions are Everfall and the Great Cleave. If you attempt to gather Herbs elsewhere, you will find other ingredients, but not the Garlic you are after!
Everfall is a good earlier game option to harvest from, and you will find quite a few spawns to the western side of the region at the Stolen Shores. The Great Cleave is a tougher area and is mostly mountainous, so you will have a hard time tracking down too many herbs in the region.
Here’s a map of some of the Herb bush spawns in Everfall:
Credit to Map Genie for the helpful interactive map!
Herb spawns can be located by looking for relatively tall bushes that have purple flowers on top. When you harvest one, you will not always receive Garlic, but you should get some every few harvests depending on your skill level.
Garlic is used in a wide-variety of recipes that do all sorts of different things. Here’s a list of them:
- Venison Pot Roast – Increase Focus by 10 for 25 minutes.
- Slow Roasted Bear Flank with Root Vegetables – Increase Focus by 24 and Constitution by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Orange Thyme Turkey Breast – Increase Focus by 18 and Constitution by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Butter Poached Oysters on Angel Hair – Increase Focus by 24 and Strength by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Venison Jerky – Increase Focus by 6 and Strength by 4 for 25 minutes.
- Stuffed Calamari – Increase Constitution by 30 for 35 minutes.
- Pork Belly Fried Rice – Increase Constitution by 24 and Intelligence by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Butter Poached Game – Increase Constitution by 6 and Intelligence by 4 for 25 minutes.
- Calamari and Tomato Stew – Increase Intelligence by 30 for 35 minutes.
- Braised Wolf Loin – Increase Intelligence by 18 and Dexterity by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Garlic Rosemary Poultry – Increase Intelligence by 6 and Dexterity by 4 for 25 minutes.
- Squid Ink Pasta with Clams – Increase Intelligence by 24 and Strength by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Venison Tenderloin with Herb Butter – Increase Intelligence by 18 and Strength by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Paella – Increase Dexterity by 18 and Focus by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Seafood Bisque – Increase Dexterity by 30 for 35 minutes.
- Bear Flank Pinwheels – Increase Strength by 18 and Constitution by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Spaghetti Bolognese – Increase Strength by 24 and Intelligence by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Pesto-stuffed Turkey Breast – Increase Strength by 18 and Intelligence by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops – Increase Strength by 24 and Dexterity by 16 for 40 minutes.
- Garlic Steak – Increase Strength by 6 and Dexterity by 4 for 25 minutes.
- Roasted Gnufish – Increase Strength by 40 for 40 minutes.
- Clam Chowder – Increase Strength by 30 for 35 minutes.
- Savory Fish Cake – Increases your Luck when skinning by 2000 points for 40 minutes.
- Herb-Crusted Vegetables – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Engineering items by 15. Increases your maximum gear score when crafting Engineering items by 15. Effects last for 40 minutes.
- Herb-roasted Carrots – Increases your Luck when skinning by 1400 points for 25 minutes.
That’s everything we know about getting Garlic in New World. You will find details on a lot more things about the game in the New World section of our website!