We have the answer for Like the sound of a creaky basement door crossword clue in case you’ve been struggling to solve this one! Crosswords can be an excellent way to stimulate your brain, pass the time, and challenge yourself all at once. Of course, sometimes there’s a crossword clue that totally stumps us, whether it’s because we are unfamiliar with the subject matter entirely or we just are drawing a blank.
Don’t be embarrassed if you’re struggling to answer a crossword clue! The more you play, the more experience you will get solving crosswords that will lead to figuring out clues faster.
Like the sound of a creaky basement door Crossword Clue Answers
A clue can have multiple answers, and we have provided all the ones that we are aware of for Like the sound of a creaky basement door. This clue last appeared August 15, 2022 in the NYT Crossword. You’ll want to cross-reference the length of the answers below with the required length in the crossword puzzle you are working on for the correct answer. The solution to the Like the sound of a creaky basement door crossword clue should be:
- EERIE (5 letters)
Below, you’ll find any keyword(s) defined that may help you understand the clue or the answer better.
Clue & Answer Definitions
- CREAKY (adjective)
- of or pertaining to arthritis
- having a rasping or grating sound
- BASEMENT (noun)
- the lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level; often used for storage
- the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture
Today's NYT Crossword Answers
- Group of notes that often sounds sad NYT Crossword Clue
- Do some threadwork NYT Crossword Clue
- R&B singer with the 2012 hit “Let Me Love You” NYT Crossword Clue
- Easter flower NYT Crossword Clue
- “Pointer” for giving presentations NYT Crossword Clue
- Bread choice Crossword Clue
- Digging Crossword Clue
- Not get any younger NYT Crossword Clue
- Gossip, so to speak NYT Crossword Clue
- Top-secret government org. NYT Crossword Clue
That should be all the information you need to solve for the crossword clue and fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check out the Crossword section of our website to find more answers and solutions.